About The Haitian American Alliance Of New York, NY
- Health Care Disparities
- Racial Justice
- Environmental Equity
- Climate Crisis
- Civic Responsibilities
- Building Alliances with Similar Organizations
- Leadership Academy and college scholarship for young adults
- After-school programs including tutoring for students and adults
- ESL for Adults
- Training high school students in tax preparation and support tax clinics for adults
- Teaching Kreyol to medical professionals at Downstate Medical Center to increase communication with Hatian Patients
- Partner with the National Organization for the Advancement of Haitians Of New York to send teams of doctors and medical professionals to deliver urgent care
- Delivery of medical supplies and prosthetics to critical locations around the country
- Hurricane relief with food, clothing, medical, and reconstruction in impacted communities
- Adopting a school in Mirebalais in the Central Region to provide educational facilities, learning materials, and instruction
- Provide the city of Fort Liberté with medical assistance, education, youth sports activities, and various health and hygiene workshops
Relief Effort 2010 Earthquake
- Medical – delivering on-the-ground urgent care to earthquake victims.
- Mental Health – coordinating mental health response for earthquake victims and their families in Haiti and the U.S.
- Education – facilitating mental health psycho-social services for healthcare providers and educators volunteering in Haiti or working with earthquake refugees in New York.
- Reconstruction – collaborating with renowned architects and urban development experts for planning the rebuilding of Haiti.